Propane Tank Rental – Leasing a Tank
Leasing a propane tank is an option that many potential customers have, provided they meet certain requirements. Many propane companies require a minimum annual propane usage, a certain number of appliances be on propane or total BTU load is at or above a minimum threshold. For example, a company may require three or more propane appliances in order to lease a tank but standards such as these vary widely by company and by region. Also, propane tanks are generally leased to creditworthy applicants so expect the propane company to perform a credit check prior to approval. Know that all piping, fittings, parts and connections are purchased by the customer and cannot be rented. Several things to think about if renting a tank is an option:
- Company-owned tanks are maintained by the propane company so any repairs to the tank will generally be taken care of by the propane company.
- All propane must be purchased from the company that owns the tank. Buying gas from another company will result in the termination of the tank lease.
- Most propane companies require that rental tanks are filled by scheduled delivery (automatic filling) which is much safer and protective of the customer.
- Propane companies pay very close attention to their lease tanks for their customers’ protection as well as their own.
- Lease tank contracts often give the propane company the legal right to enter the property to inspect the tank.
- Moving to a new home will require you to notify your propane company of your relocation.
Our computer system is state of the art and ensures prompt delivery before you have a chance to run out of fuel and find yourself without heat.
Please feel free to call the propane department at 905-627-4147 if you have any inquiries regarding cost or availability.